zondag 2 april 2017

Zuid-Koreaans vrachtschip met 24 mensen aan boord vermist voor kust Uruguay

Twee Filipijnse bemanningsleden in reddingsboot zouden zijn opgepikt

(Bron foto: Twitter)

Een enorm vrachtschip met 24 mensen aan boord (16 Filipijnen en 8 Koreanen) wordt vermist voor de kust van het Zuid-Amerikaanse Uruguay. De 312 meter lange Stellar Daisy, eigendom van een Zuid-Koreaans bedrijf en geregistreerd op de Marshall Islands, zou water hebben gemaakt. Twee Filipijnse bemanningsleden in een reddingsboot zouden zijn opgepikt, meldt vandaag, zondag 2 april 2017, persbureau AFP op basis van bronnen bij de Uruguayaanse marine. 


Een grote zoektocht is op touw gezet.

Een bemanningslid heeft vrijdag een bericht verzonden, dat het schip water maakte.

Wat er precies met het schip is gebeurd, blijft voorlopig onduidelijk. Bemanningen van schepen in de regio zouden melding hebben gemaakt van een sterke brandstoflucht. Het schip was 26 maart uit een Braziliaanse haven vertrokken.


(Red. De Surinaamse Krant/PressTV/Al Jazeera/Yonhap News Agency/Twitter/AFP)



http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/national/2017/04/02/0301000000AEN20170402000251315.html

(LEAD) Search for 22 missing crew members of cargo ship under way: gov't

2017/04/02 10:19
(ATTN: RECASTS headline, lead; UPDATES with more details throughout; ADDS photo)
SEOUL, April 2 (Yonhap) -- Search and rescue efforts are under way to find 22 crew members of a South Korean ship that sank in the South Atlantic last week, after two sailors were safely picked up in a life raft, the Seoul government said Sunday.
The search for the missing South Korean ship, the Stellar Daisy, began Saturday, one day after the ship's crew sent a text to their South Korean employer, saying their ship was sinking.
The Marshall Islands-flagged ship was sailing near Uruguay when it made the distress call, according to the foreign ministry here. Seoul's embassy in Brazil had asked for assistance to find the missing crew with the Brazilian Air Force dispatching a C-130 plane to the site.
The escape raft carrying the two Filipino crew was found drifting by commercial ships in the area. Another raft and two powered lifeboats that can carry up to 30 people each were also discovered, but no one was on board. Authorities said that all crew members probably were wearing their life vests.
The 266,000-ton Stella Daisy, carrying eight South Korean and 16 Filipino sailors, departed Rio de Janeiro on March 26. The fate of the South Korean ore carrier also remains unconfirmed.
(END)

2 believed crew of missing cargo ship found: gov't

2017/04/02 00:34
SEOUL, April 2 (Yonhap) -- A life raft believed to be from a South Korean ship that sank in the South Atlantic last week has been found with efforts now under way to safely rescue two sailors on the raft, the Seoul government said Sunday.
The search for the missing South Korean ship, Stella Daisy, began Saturday, one day after the ship's crew members sent a text to their South Korean employer, saying their ship was sinking.
The Marshall Islands-flagged ship was sailing near Uruguay when it made the distress call, according to the foreign ministry.
The life raft was found drifting by commercial ships in the area.
An earlier report said two life boats had been spotted.
The ministry later corrected only one small raft has been found, carrying two people. The nationalities of its two occupants have not been confirmed.
The 266,000-ton Stella Daisy was carrying eight South Korea and 16 Filipino sailors. The fate of the South Korean ore carrier also remains unconfirmed.
(END)

0 comments:

Een reactie plaatsen